Your Store Wizards
Create Print Catalogs
from Your Store Wizards Data Feed
YOUR STORE WIZARDS / CATALOG-ON-DEMAND FAQ
A: Your Store Wizards provides a Standard Data Feed that is compatible with Catalog-on-Demand. Here is the documentation on how to import data and images from Your Store Wizards data feed.
A: You can use the Private Data Editor (PDE) to change product data. This includes the description, images, and attributes. If you do this, you will want to use the Locked Product feature, which prevents your edited data from being overwritten by the next import.
A: Yes, you can do this and more with the "Override and Supplementary Data" capability, documented here. Here are the available features:
- Price overrides — Publish a price that is different than the price contained in your database
- SKU number override — Publish with a SKU number that is different than the SKU numbers in your database
- Attribute value override — Publish attribute values that are different than the attribute values in your database
- Attribute supplements — Publish attribute labels and values that are in addition to what you have in your database
A: Catalog-on-Demand supports simple HTML for print publications, such as bullets and some styling. Other HTML, such as complicated embedded tables or extensive styling, does not transfer well from web to print. Such HTML may be easily stripped out with simple checkboxes.
In addition, Plug-Ins can be created to handle just about any other clean up or formatting replacement that you can imagine.
A: You can use Private Data Editor to recategorize your products. There is a Catalog-on-Demand setting that prevents the Your Store Wizards data feed import from overwriting your categories.
A: Yes. Catalog-on-Demand automatically handles all the sizing, positioning, and text wrap issues associated with having different shape images for different products.
How to Automatically Import Product Data and Images from Your Store Wizards Data Feed into Catalog-on-Demand
Your Store Wizards provides a Yahoo! Store data feed that is compatible with Catalog-on-Demand. Please contact them for further information.
Once you have the data feed URL, please proceed as follows:
- Go to your Catalog-on-Demand Account page > Automated Data Import Setup.
- Choose "Catalog-on-Demand data file".
- Paste the URL provided by Your Store Wizards.
- Check at least one of the "Auto Start Days of Week" (most users set it to run every night).
- Click Save Changes.
- Test the import.
- Click on Import Now.
- After a couple minutes, click on History. Your new import job should appear in the history table.
(Note: This refers to the History button found in Data Import Setup.)
- When the import is finished, click on Download Report. You should see a value for "Items created" that is the number of SKUs in your database.
You're ready to start publishing! If you have any question or problems, please contact support.
Catalog-on-Demand offers several options for importing data from Your Store Wizards Data Feed.
- Ignore HTML tables — If checked, then any HTML tables in your product descriptions will not be imported. Sometimes this is necessary if you have complex HTML tables that do not appear correctly in your print catalog.
- Remove color tags — This is useful if you have color formatting in your HTML that you do not want to appear in your print catalog.
- Remove all styles — This is useful if you have font formatting in your HTML that you do not want to appear in your print catalog.